1. H2B02 PRE ISLAMIC ARABIA AND THE EMERGENCE OF ISLAM
1. Aims of the course:-
The course aims to familiarize students in the geography of Arabian Peninsula, its climate, Bedouins life, Arabian poetry and Jahiliyya days. It also throws some lights on the life of the prophet of Islam and his universal significance.
2. Objectives of the course
i) To introduce awareness among students in the geography of Arabia, its climatic condition, vegetation animal life, tribal life and petty kingdoms.
ii) To give an idea to the students about the Jahitliyya days, Arabian poetry and its importance. It will also help the students to know the sacred shrine ka aba.
iii) To pick up information by the students regarding the eventful life of prophet Muhammed, basic-beliefs monotheism and the last days of prophet Muhammed.
iv) To enable the students to become familiar with the personality and character of prophet Muhammad, as a statesman, as Judge and as a reformer, it will also help the students to understand the diplomacy in treaties and humanity and its relevance.
Geography of Arabia Climatic conditions flora and fauna Ethnology of the Arabs semitic migration Bedouins life virtues and vices clan sheikh petty kingdoms South Arabian Kingdoms North Arabian Kingdoms.
Pre Islamic Arabian poetry The odes Muallagat poets and their functions in society religious beliefs and practices of pre-Islamic Arabs Tribal feuds Basus war Harb al Fijar Hillful-fudul Ka-aba and its importance.
Prophet Muhammad at Mecca Revelation Dissemination of Islamic Message Hijarah Battles - Basic beliefs Five pillars of Islam Monotheism prayer Zakkat Fasting Hajj Last Sermon Death.
Personality and character of prophet Muhammed Muhammad as a Statesman as Judge as a social and religious reformer His diplomacy in treaties Aqaba Hudaibiyah Madinah Charter Benefactor of humanity
1. Amir Ali The spirit of Islam, Idara I Abadiya I Delhi
2. Amir Ali The short history of Saracens
3. Muhammad Munir Islam in history, Kitab bhavan publishers New Delhi
4. Philip .K. Hilti Hisotry of the Arabs Macmillan publishers
5. masudul Hassan History of Islam Vol 1, Adam Publishers, New Delhi
6. R.A Niaholson A Literary history of the Arabs kitab bhavan publisher New Delhi
7. D.S., Margoliouth History of the Islamic civilization Kitab bhavan publishers New Delhi
8. Altaf Ahmedkherie A comprehensive Guide book of islam, Adam publishers, New Delhi
9. Anne Marie Schimmel And Muhammad is his messenger, Islamic book Trust Kualalumpoor
10. Sadruddin Islahi Islam at a Glance, Markazi Makaba Islam publishers Delhi
11. Syed Muhamudunnasir Islam its concepts and History Kitab Bhavan New Delhi
12. Naeem siddiqi Muhammad, The benefactor of Humanity, Markazi Maktaba Klam New Delhi
13. Muhammed Husein Haykal Life of Muhammed Islamic book Trust Kuala Lumpur
14. M. Salim Muhamed his Life and Mission, Pustaka Antara publishers
15. Muhammad Siddique Qureshi Foreign policy of Hazrat Muhammad, Kitab bhavan publishers
1 H 2B02 Pre Islamic Arabia and Emergence of Islam
Answer all Questions
Objective Type Questions
Answer in one or two words.
1. Name the probhet Muhammeds family Weightage - 1
2. The best verse was inscribed in golden letters and suspended on the wall
3. The term for Unconditional loyalty to the fellow clans men
4. Prophet Muhammeds Uncle and at the same time his violent opponent
Weightage - 1
Answer the question from the choice given below
a) Horse b) Camel c) Sheep d) Elephant
6. Who signed the treaty of Hudaibiyah?
a) Abu Sufiyan b) Suhail Ibn Amar c) Utba
d) None of these
7. Which in not a pillar of islam
a) Prayer b) Zakkat c) Hajj d) Jihad Weightage - 1
8. The religion of Islam was preached by
a) Promphet Abraham b) Prophet Moses
d) Prophet Jesus d) Prophet Muhammad
Fill in the blanks with suitable words
9. One who submits to the will of God is -----------------
10. The concept of God in Islam is -------------
11. --------------- was the capital of Himyarites Weightage 1
12. --------------- was the first muslim
Match the following
13. Sabaeans - Al Mannath
14. Ukar Fair - Ideal Arab Virtue
15. The Goddess - Principality
16. Muruah - Trade Weightage - 1
True or false
17. The celebrated poet Imrul Qays of pre Islamic Arabia belonged to the sabaean royal line.
18. Halimah was the foster mother of probphet Muhammad
19. Hilf ul Fudul tried to elimiuate tribal feuds.
20. Islamic Calender starts with prophet Muhammad birth day. Weightage1
Answer in a paragraph
21. Discuss the ethnic relationship of the Arabs.
22. Bring out the significance of Ka aba
23. Evaluate the fundamentals of Islam
24. Explain the significance of Hijrah
25. Give an importance of zakkat as one of the principal obligation of Islam
26. Discribe the fare well sermon Weightage 1x6
27. How Far Bedouins represents the best adaptation of human life to the desert conditions.
28. Discuss the social, economic and cultural transformation that brought by the prophet Muhammad in the Arabian Society.
29. Why did the Truce of Hudaibiysh is hail as a clear victory for the Muslims.
30. Give an account of the pre Islamic Arabian poets and their functions in society Weightage 2 x4