Name : Dr. K. M. Krishnan
Designation : Reader in English and Director School of Letters
Residential address : B 3, Amala Apartments, AMALAGIRI P. O.
Kottayam, 686 036.
Phone : 0481 2599468 (Res)
E mail :
Qualifications : M. A. in English, University of Calicut
Ph. D. in English from the University of Calicut on the
American Fiction of the Nineteen Sixties (1994)
Areas of interest : Fiction Studies, Critical Theory and Cultural Studies, Popular
and specialisation Culture, Classical art forms, Translation.
Publications (selected) :
1. Translation of Vikram Chandra’s Love and Longing in Bombay, Kottayam: DC Books, 1999.
2. “Whose English is it Anyway?” Rational Discourse (July 2004).
3. Edited with Tom Thomas Social Roots of Literature for the course
“Introduction to Methodology of Humanities” for the B. A. English main
students in the Restructured curriculum.
4. A long study in Malayalam on popular fiction in Malayalam in Nammute
Sahithyam Nammute Samooham, published by Kerala Sahitya Academy in
Seminar Presentations (selected)
1. “Narrativising the Past: Aithihyamala” Sahitya Akademi-School of Letters Seminar
on Postcolonialism July 2001.
2. “Can’t the Subaltern Speak?” International Seminar on Comparative
Literature, School of Letters January, 2006.
3. “Targeting the Source: On Translating Multicultural Texts” Department of
English, Sambalpur University, March, 2006
4. “A Text in Translation” Seminar on Narratives of the Self, School of Letters,
5. “Narrative Tradition of Kerala” Seminar on Narratives organized by Sahitya
Akademi New Delhi February 2008
Several other translations, studies, and popular articles on areas like culture studies,
classical art forms, advertisements, narratology, film studies and critical theory. A few
more of them are expected soon.